Friday, June 26, 2009

Canadian Geographic POTW

Well I have to pat myself on my back in this post. This image was chosen for Photo of the Week (POTW) on the Canadian Geographic Photoclub website.





You can see it and the other POTWs at the following link:




I had borrowed a 100mm macro lens from a good friend and testing it out. I came out on my deck looking for various and assorted insects and this fly was sitting on the railing of our deck.


I handheld the camera with the lens resting on the railing for stability. I went to minimum focus distance and rocked back and forth to fine tune the focus. One of my first images with this lens so I guess I got pretty lucky.


And I was happy that it stayed around for a few frames before flying off.


Cheers,


Rob

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see some photos of different animals. Our pet store enjoys seeing new pet photos.

    ReplyDelete