Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Moon, March 19, 2011

Although I've come down with a nasty cold, I decided to try to get a few images of the "Super" moon last night.  Not one of my most successful nights but thougth I'd post a couple of images for you to see.  I used a 100-400 f4.0/5.6 with a 1.4x converter.  With this setup, autofocus is not available since the minimum f-stop becomes f8 with the converter.  My eyes were obviously off last night as I had a low success rate on the in-focus images. 

These images have been cropped significantly as well to minimize the black space.  I was hoping to have detail in the foreground trees that I had put into the viewfinder, but the sun had completely set by the time the moon was at a height to see it and it was too dark to maintain any detail.  I tried some images with the moon directly behind the tree but, due to the diffictulty in focusing, I was not successful at getting good moon detail in any of these shots.

Anyways, thought I'd put up a quick post on two of my images.  Hope you enjoy!

 


Cheers,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment